- Innovation Truly innovative in the development of a new technology or the novel application of existing technology.
- Potential impact Potential for substantial and long-term impact on business and society.
- Working prototype Working prototype or product on the market, or be in phase II clinical trials or beyond for applicable life sciences companies.
- Viability Well formulated plans for future development and goals.
- Leadership Visionary team with the capabilities to drive the company towards success.
The list is divided into three categories: Information Technology, Life Sciences & Health and Energy / Environment / Infrastructure. Nice nod for a company with great potential and great work done so far. Consumer Physics’ SCiO is a hand-held molecular sensor. Initially designed to detect molecular equivalent to taste and smell, it has potential to many industrial and commercial uses.